It is time to celebrate as my blog has been nominated for the 2017 Liebster award!! I am really happy to be nominated and want to thank Ashwathy Manimala for nominating me. Do check out her amazing blog www.blogginghawks.com.
What is Liebster award?
Liebster award is an award given to new bloggers by other bloggers. The bloggers who are putting out their best and are really working hard to carve a niche for themselves are honoured by this award. This is a great way to recognise their efforts and to motivate them. Liebster is a German word which means dearest. This award is a way of extending a loving hand to new bloggers and to make them a part of the huge blogging community.
Rules for the Nominated.
1. A blog post on the nomination, add an image of the award in the post.
2. Introduce and thank the person who has nominated you for the award. Add the link to their blog.
3. Answer all the questions that the person has asked you.
4. Find 5 – 11 blogs that you think deserve this award and nominate them. Provide 11 questions prepared by yourself for them to answer.
5. List these rules in your blog post.
So here are my answers to Ashwathy’s questions:
1. Who inspired you to start your blog?
My dearest husband and my lovely daughter 🙂
2. What have you recently learnt from blogging?
I learnt that however good you are you can’t do this alone. You need to reach out to your fellow bloggers. And believe me people are ready to help.
3. What are your favourite books that you would like your fellow bloggers to read?
This one is tough as I have so many favourites 🙂 Let me list a few:
- The alchemist
- The ant and the elephant
- The monk who sold his Ferrari
- Secrets of a millionaire mind
- Confessions of a shopaholic
- The namesake
- Harry potter series
- Empire of the Moghul series
- Eat that frog
- Blink-The power of thinking without thinking
4. Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now?
I would like to be a better blogger, writing better content and catering to a very large audience. Also, I would like to have lots of awards 🙂
5. Which is a quote you think can change a bad day into a good day?
“I am grateful for____________” This always works.
6. What were you going to do if you were not a blogger?
If not a blogger, maybe an author. I need to write it out.
7. What is your suggestion for newbies in blogging?
My only suggestion is to create awesome and original content. Marketing is also important, though.
8. Is blogging your profession or just a hobby?
I am a diet consultant and I started blogging to share information about diet and health. Now it is pretty full time.
9. Which movies do you think have motivated you and why?
Zindagi na milegi dobara. This is my all time favourite movie because this movie reminds me to live in the present and live it fully.
10. What would you like to do in your spare time?
Travel and read.
11. How would you describe yourself in one word?
Phew!! finally done with the questions of Ashwathy.
Here are my questions for the nominees:
- What do you like the most about blogging?
- What does success mean to you?
- What do you think is your USP?
- How do you think people perceive you?
- According to you what does it take to be a good blogger?
- Who/ what inspires you?
- Do you like to travel?
- What is your favourite destination?
- How do you spend your leisure time?
- Do you think introverts have it difficult?
- Describe yourself in 1 sentence.
Now is my chance to nominate you guys. Please leave your blog name in the comments below.
All the best!!
I am nominating the following blogs: