Sunflower seeds are a unique food as they are rich in many types of essential nutrients. In fact they are the one of the richest sources of vitamin E. A 1/4th cup serving of sunflower seeds provides 82% of daily recommended vitamin E. These tiny sunflower seeds pack in loads of nutrition and these should definitely be a part of our diet.
Like all nuts and seeds, sunflower seeds are a source of good fat. The main type of fat being linoleic acid. Healthy fats are extremely essential for balancing our hormones, are building blocks of cell membranes and essential carriers of fat soluble vitamins A,D,E & K.
Apart from this sunflower seeds are a good source of copper, vitamin B1, folate, magnesium, manganese and fiber.
The following are the health benefits of sunflower seeds:
- Vitamin E and folate in sunflower seeds promotes cardiovascular health.
- Vitamin E protects cells against free radical damage, hence taking care of premature ageing.
- Copper and zinc in sunflower seeds helps in maintaining healthy skin and hair.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in phytosterols. Phytosterols keep unhealthy cholesterol leves in check thus improving heart health.
- The magnesium in sunflower seeds promotes a healthy mood. So grab some to be happy 🙂
These are a few of the benefits of sunflower seeds. Make them a part of your diet and enjoy an improved health.
Stay healthy, stay happy!!