Hey guys!!! how is life?
Are you all eating these delicious skin foods??? Please do and GLOW!!!:)
Today’s alphabet is J and the skin food is Jujubes, commonly known as “ber” in India.
This humble fruit is much neglected by people for its nutritional benefits. It is a fruit that comes quite cheap and is available abundantly. Most of us are not aware of the health benefits of jujubes so let me brief you all about the same in addition to its benefits for our skin.
- While jujubes may not have a large amount of any one nutrient, they contain a wide array of different ones, including magnesium, potassium, copper, niacin, calcium, manganese, phosphorus, and iron.
- They contain 20 times more vitamin C than any citrus fruit, strengthening the immune system and fighting infections, which may be why they’ve been used medicinally for millennia in many cultures.
- Jujubes have many phyto-nutrients. Scientists have identified eight flavonoids in jujube fruit, including spinosin and swertish, which have sedative properties. This is the reason jujubes seeds were used to treat anxiety and insomnia in traditional Chinese medicine.
- Jujubes help to keep our cholesterol levels in normal range.
- They help reduce blood pressure.
- Jujubes improve digestive process due to their high fibre content. Also, the saponins and triterpenoids also play a part in this by optimizing the uptake of nutrients and promote healthy movement of food through the bowels.
- They are rich in antioxidants, vitamin C being one of them. You all know by now that antioxidants attack free radicals that damage our cells and hence prevent premature aging of our skin cells. They keep our skin looking healthy.
- Jujubes have a soothing effect on our body. They induce a calming sensation in the mind and body. Stress affects our bodies on all levels, skin included. Hence this effect of jujubes makes them a keeper for good skin.
- Jujubes can also help to prevent the appearance of wrinkles and scars, as well as keeping the skin tight and energized with oxygenated blood, thanks to their antioxidants.
- The saponins and alkaloids found in jujube fruit have been directly linked with purifying the blood and eliminating harmful toxins from the body’s systems. No toxins mean clear skin 🙂
I am sure we all learned about the benefits of humble “ber”. (Yes, even I learn with you all, thanks). Go ahead and eat these lovely fruits today!
As for a recipe, I don’t have any. I just munch on them. But if any of you has, please mention in the comments.